Posted by: Amelia | July 13, 2007

Casual Friday VII

Maybe his name should be McCain’t. Oh, snap! CNN is reporting that “next week the McCain campaign will reveal it has about $1.75 million in unpaid debts, wiping out the $2 million in cash-on-hand the campaign currently has in the bank.” So he’s got $250K left. Hey, email costs almost nothing. Maybe he can be the first presidential candidate to spam his way to the White House! I don’t know if McCain’s implosion is necessarily good or bad for the Democrats, but it’s amusing to watch. For a comprehensive linkfest of McCain bashing from Shakesville, go here.

More from the schadenfreude department. The Vitter sex scandal is SO last week. This week it’s Florida state representative Bob Allen. Allen, a Republican who lists “water sports” as his primary recreational interest on his website, was arrested after “offering to perform a sex act on an undercover officer in exchange for $20.” Allen says it was a misunderstanding. Pandagon has the officer’s full report. PageOneQ reports that “between 2003 and 2006 Allen voted with the Christian Coalition over 90% of the time.” No word on whether the remaining 10% included legalizing prostitution. Allen is the latest in a string of Republican sex scand… wait, what is this? Oh nevermind, there’s already a new one – this time a GOP pundit who used to work for… what, what is this? Oh nevermind, there’s another new one. I give up.

Is ‘mistrial’ an approved word? The ridiculous judge who banned the words “rape, sexual assault, victim, assailant, and sexual assault kit” from being used during a rape trial has now declared a mistrial due to the all the bad publicity he got from Dahlia Lithwick and meanie feminist bloggers. The judge, of course, blamed the victim – (er, I mean, accuser): “The inescapable conclusion from the petition promoting the rally is that Ms. Bowen and her friends hoped to intimidate this court and interfere with the selection of a fair and impartial jury,” he said. Klassy.

Below the jump, Keith Olbermann’s tour de force calling for Bush to resign. Also, a LOLcat. Incongruous, yes, but that’s why it’s Casual Friday.

Via Sour N Sweet, among others:

And now, a LOLcat, via I Can Has Cheezburger:

Advertisements

Responses

  1. […] Fundies Are Dropping Like Flies A great big peek above our garters to Ms. Tart for this: More from the schadenfreude department. The Vitter sex scandal is SO last week. This week it’s […]

  2. […] on digging, dude.  Remember that Florida legislator, Bob Allen?  He’s the one who was arrested after “offering to perform a sex act on an […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: